Details: Celestron's SkyPortal WiFi Module turns your smartphone or tablet into your own personal planetarium and observatory. Simply plug the WiFi module into your telescope’s hand control or AUX port and connect to its wireless signal with your device. Instantly, your device becomes a wireless hand control for your telescope, guiding you through the alignment process and slewing to any celestial object with a simple tap.As SkyPortal WiFi Module slews your telescope to an object, you can listen to hundreds of included audio descriptions on your device, which explain the history, mythology, and key features of the most popular celestial objects.Not sure what to observe? Select Tonight’s Best in the search menu and the SkyPortal app will display a list of the best objects to view based on your exact time and location. There’s no need to input GPS coordinates or set the time and date—SkyPortal WiFi takes this information directly from your device.SkyPortal WiFi Module makes a great gift for telescope users of all ages and skill levels, from kids to advanced users. Take your family on a guided tour of the universe with SkyPortal WiFi!Abou the Celestron SkyPortal AppCelestron’s SkyPortal WiFi Module works with our full featured planetarium app, SkyPortal. Available free on the Apple App Store and Google Play, SkyPortal is your key to the universe—with or without SkyPortal WiFi Module.Developed in collaboration with the experts at SkySafari, SkyPortal offers an intuitive user interface with a robust database of more than 100,000 celestial objects. You can even plan your observing session before you set up your telescope. Find out when transits and other notable celestial events will occur—up to 100 years into the future.Compatibility InformationSkyPortal WiFi Module is compatible with the following Celestron mounts:Advanced VX | Astro Fi | CG-5 (with CG-5 Aux. splitter) | CGE | CGE Pro | CGEM | CGEM DX | CGEM II | CGX | CGX-L | CPC | CPC Deluxe HD | LCM | NexStar Evolution | NexStar GT (2015 models and newer with Aux. splitter) | NexStar SE Series | NexStar SLT | SkyProdigySkyPortal WiFi Module is NOT compatible with the following Celestron mounts:NexStar i Series | NexStar GPS | Ultima 2000 | Early generation GoTo mounts (such as Compustar).
- WIRELESS TELESCOPE CONTROL: Align and control your telescope using your smartphone or tablet with Celestron’s free SkyPortal app for iOS and Android.
- 100,000 plus CELESTIAL OBJECT DATABASE: Tap any celestial object you see in the sky to identify it instantly. Tap again and your telescope slews to that object, centering it perfectly in the eyepiece.
- SKY TOUR FEATURE: SkyPortal automatically generates a list of all the best stars, galaxies and nebulae currently visible based on your exact time and location.
- ENHANCED CONTENT AND AUDIO DESCRIPTIONS: While you observe, view astroimages and listen to audio descriptions for hundreds of the most popular objects including the planets, Orion Nebula, Hercules Globular Star Cluster, and more.
- HASSLE-FREE OBSERVING: Does not require batteries or external power.
- WORKS WITH ALL CURRENT CELESTRON COMPUTERIZED TELESCOPES: Compatible with all current Celestron computerized telescopes and select older models. See below for full list.